I've collected and kitchen tested these recipes to delight your guests with the new taste treat of prickly pear Cactus Margarita™ and Cactus Sour™. Remember that you've purchased a concentrate and you must dilute the juice before serving Cactus Margaritas™ or Cactus Sours™.
Yield 11 6 ounce drinks
Traditional Tequila Margaritas
- 1 bottle Cactus Margarita Mix™
- 1 2-liter bottle of Sprite®
- 1 bottle of champagne, wine or as much tequila as you like
- 1 large can frozen limeade
- Large bag of ice (8 or 10 lbs)
- Garnish with oranges, limes, etc.
Combine and serve over ice. Yummy!
Yield 12.5 8 ounce drinks
- 1 25 ounce Cactus Margarita Mix™
- 1 1/2 cans ginger ale or Sprite®
- 6 cups favorite red or white wine
Combine and pour over crushed ice! Enjoy!
Kelly's Cactus Wassail
- 1 large frozen orange juice concentrate
- Sprinkle of cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves
- 1 bottle Cactus Mararita Mix™
- 1 gallon apple juice or cider
- 1 cup spiced rum
Mix and serve piping hot.
Prickly Pear Cactus Sorbet
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cups Cactus Mararita Mix™ concentrate
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
In 1-quart saucepan, heat water and sugar to boiling over high heat. Boil sugar mixture 5 minutes, reducing it slightly to a syrup. Remove syrup from heat and cool to room temperature. In a bowl, combine syrup and Cactus Margarita Mix™ until firm at least 2 hours or overnight. If sorbet is frozen overnight, just before serving let stand 10 minutes at room temperature to facilitate scooping. Refreshing and light, this frozen fruit dessert can be scooped into stemmed glasses or paired with sliced fresh fruit in a salad or a favorite gourmet cookie.
- 1 pint Malibu Rum
- A 2-liter Sprite®
- 1 bottle Cactus Sour
- 1/4 cup Roses Lime
Pour over ice into festive glasses and enjoy.
Kelsey's Sour Freeze
- 1 Cactus Sour
- 1 bottle of club soda
- strawberry champagne
- 8 oz can of frozen lemonade
Whirl ingredients in blender and serve in cocktail glasses. Garnish with orange slice and maraschino cherry.
Sherri's Orange Sickle Slush
- 2 ounces Amaretto
- 2 ounces Cactus Sour
- 4 ounces whipping cream
- 4 ounces orange juice
- 2 cups Sprite®
- 2 ounces vodka
Mix together and pour over crushed ice.